Reports To: Director of Case Management Unit
Opening Type: Open Until Filled
Work within the Case Management Unit to provide assessment, care evaluation and ongoing case management.
- Conduct in-depth, comprehensive assessment of members in the CMU, including basic health, psychological, environment, support systems and ongoing needs
- Analyze and synthesize data to develop and implement individualized service plan for member
- Provide ongoing case management to members
- Serve as member advocate in identifying, facilitating and coordinating appropriate services
- Provide education to the member and caregivers regarding the member’s status and options for care
- Provide ongoing monitoring of member’s status, needs, interventions, and living arrangements made to promote the member’s highest level of functioning
- Provides care plan monitoring to ensure quality, quantity, timeliness and effectiveness of services and periodic reassessment to assure that services are appropriate
- Communicate regularly with the member, caregivers and appropriate professionals regarding member’s status
- Accurately document all time related to the case management of member in appropriate formats
- Accurately complete and process all required paperwork and data entry related to member case management
- Provide input on care planning meetings for CMU members
- Attend ongoing training(s)
- Professionally represent Interfaith Older Adult Programs to the community at large
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate in Human Services related field required (social work, psychology, sociology, etc.)
- Experience working with Family Care targeted populations preferred – Frail Elderly, Developmentally Disabled, Physically Disabled, and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Experience in community-based care management – including assessment, care planning and ongoing care plan supervision
- Strong communication and family intervention skills
- Independent assessment and decision-making skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to access them
- Computer proficient
- Availability of an auto, possession of a valid driver’s license and minimum required insurance
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with staff, community and funding sources
- Openness to working with persons of diverse cultures, physically challenged persons and older adults
- An understanding of the mission and goals of Interfaith
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Case Manager – Family Care
Salary: $34,320 annually
600 W. Virginia Street Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53204
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus paid holidays and sick leave
- Eligible to contribute to the 403(b) retirement plan and pre-tax flexible benefits
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Open and fill out the application.
- When finished, print and sign your application.
- Mail your application (with resume and cover letter for exempt positions) to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.