Reports To: Senior Center Director
Opening Type: Open Until Filled
Perform general maintenance and routine custodial tasks to ensure a safe and clean center.
- Support the Mission, Vision and Values and Strategic goals of Interfaith
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Utilizes safety measures and assists in the overall safety at all times inside the building and on the grounds.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs.
- Monitor building systems and report any mechanical problems to Senior Center Director.
- Set-up furniture and equipment for programs and events and return to original set-up.
- Open building to public and secure at end of business day.
- Supervise off-hour rentals as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to keep a building clean, inviting and in good working order
- Ability to operate building equipment safely
- Ability to select appropriate cleaning supplies
- Ability to recognize custodial and maintenance issues
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the entire work day
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to bend, squat, climb, twist and reach for extended periods
- Openness to working with persons of diverse cultures, ages and abilities.
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Custodian and Light Maintenance Worker
Hours: Part-time 20 hours per week, 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Salary: $9.50 per hour
- Clinton Rose Senior Center
- 3045 N. Martin Luther King Drive
- Milwaukee, WI
- Paid vacation, paid sick leave and holidays (benefits are pro-rated)
- Eligible to contribute to the 403(b) Retirement Plan
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Open and fill out the application.
- When finished, print and sign your application.
- Mail your application (with resume and cover letter for exempt positions) to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.