Reports To: Controller
Opening Type: Open Until Filled
Responsible for managing the accounting and financial reporting for government and private contracts and grants received by Interfaith Older Adult Programs. This position will work closely with the program directors and the agency contracts administrator to ensure understanding of and compliance with grant regulations. In addition, this position may be asked to assist the Controller in various other accounting responsibilities including audit preparation, budget coordination, reconcilements, and month end closing.
● Review and understand approximately 50 grant contracts to ensure Interfaith accounting procedures comply with grant fiscal requirements
● Prepare and submit the required cost reports for grants, auditing transactions for accuracy prior to processing
● Track outstanding grants for cash-flow forecast and analysis
● Prepare journal entries for all grant accounting, including recognition of revenue and receivables
● Assist the development department and program managers in developing budgets for private and government grant applications
● Assist program managers in preparing for program audits and related follow-up
● Produce statistical and financial reports regarding grant funding
● Support the other accounting personnel in the areas of payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, cost allocation and deposit processing as needed
● Assist Controller with various accounting and finance projects as needed including, but not limited to the annual audit and annual budget
● Support the vision, mission, values and strategic goals of Interfaith
● Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
● Certified Public Accountant or CPA candidate preferred
● 5-20+ years of nonprofit accounting experience required; government grant accounting experience highly desirable
● Must be very detail-oriented and have a strong interest in gaining thorough knowledge about numerous grants’ rules, regulations and reporting requirements
● Computer proficiency; including ability to work with Excel, Word and Other Microsoft Office products
● Ability to maintain a computerized accounting system; experience with Abila/MIP accounting software strongly preferred
● Ability to interpret and communicate both orally and in writing with staff, management, board of directors, and funding sources
● Strong organizational and time management skills; self-motivated and able to work with little direction
● Openness to working with persons of diverse cultures, physically challenged persons and older adults
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Grant Accountant
Salary: $60,000 annually
600 W. Virginia Street Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Health, dental, vision and life insurance
4 weeks paid vacation, plus paid holidays and sick leave
Eligible to contribute to the 403(b) retirement plan and pre-tax flexible benefits
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Open and fill out the application.
- When finished, print and sign your application.
- Mail your application (with resume and cover letter for exempt positions) to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.