Reports To: President and CEO
Status: Full Time Exempt
Opening Type: Open Until Filled
Responsible to administer the organizations’ human resource function in compliance with current federal and state regulations and Interfaith policies and procedures. Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the area of human resource management
- Responsible to administer the organization’s employee database, both digital and hardcopy, ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Responsible to administer the organization’s benefits program, including maintenance of external relationships.
- Responsible to comply with all federal, state and local reporting requirements. Serve as the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer.
- Communicate with staff through a system of job descriptions, training manuals and employee handbooks that reinforce the organization’s mission and the employee’s place within it all, in addition to describing technicalities.
- Coordinate periodic staff events throughout the year to support the organization’s business goals.
- Coordinate leadership development programming for Hiring Managers, with the CEO.
- Responsible to build strong relationships with Hiring Managers, equipping Hiring Managers to interpret polices and practices in response to staff inquiries and complaints in accordance with HR best practices and agency policies.
- Guide Hiring Managers toward best practices in talent acquisition and retention (screening interviewing, reference checks, recommending employment offers, showing appreciation) through training, coaching, written knowledge base, standard practices and forms.
- Coordinate an on-boarding process for new associates, including orientation to organization’s mission, values and programs.
- Prepare the annual departmental budget, with the CEO.
- Participate in the design and development of organization policies and procedures, in collaboration with the CEO and other organization executives.
- Supervise HR staff members and provide backup as needed.
- Provide responsible staff assistance to the CEO.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors’ HR Committee, coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and keeping minutes.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Ability to talk and hear
- Ability to stand and walk frequently
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Business Administration or related field
- More than 5 years of progressive management experience including administrative and supervisory experience; must possess strong analytical, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Superior skills to communicate effectively in both oral and written form (using business English) with board, executives, managers and staff
- Demonstrated skill with conflict resolution techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse cultures, disabilities and ages
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, discretion and prudence
- Superior skill with operating systems, spread sheets and word processing software; experience with HRIS and payroll systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to administer pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations as well as best practices
- Prior experience administering benefits programs is preferred
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Human Resources Manager
Hours: Flexible between 7 am and 6 pm
600 W. Virginia Street, Milwaukee, WI
Full benefits package
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Open and fill out the application.
- When finished, print and sign your application.
- Mail your application (with resume and cover letter for exempt positions) to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.