Reports To: Director, Personal Care Plus
Opening Type: Ongoing Opening
- Provide assistance to individuals in their homes with personal care and/or homemaking tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of job skills through initial and ongoing training programs provided by employer.
- Ability to meet transportation requirements to provide in-home services to clients, and attend required meetings and/or trainings.
- No experience required, however, must successfully complete employer’s training prior to hire.
- Ability to relate well with individuals who may be elderly/disabled/frail/culturally diverse.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to organize time to ensure punctuality with scheduled assignments.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with staff and clients.
- An understanding of the mission and goals of Interfaith.
- Must pass the drug screen.
- Must be willing to work throughout Milwaukee and surrounding communities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a working telephone.
- Must complete required training.
- Must be able to perform light to moderate lifting, and the ability to do considerable walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing & descending stairs.
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Personal Care Worker
Hours: Various shifts, including occasional evening, nights and weekends based on client needs
Salary: $9.00 per hour, $10.00 per hour for weekends
Based out of Central Office – Services provided in clients homes
- Training, on-going learning opportunities, transportation reimbursement between assignments
- Eligible to contribute to the 403(b) Retirement Plan
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Download the background information disclosure form.
- Open and fill out both forms.
- When finished, print and sign your application and BID form.
- Mail your application & BID form to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.