Reports To: Senior Dining Program Coordinator
Opening Type: Open Until Filled
Coordinate the serving of prepared meals to older adults in a community setting.
- Support the Mission, Values and Vision of Interfaith Older Adult Programs
- Supervise and coordinate food service to provide nutritious meals in an inclusive, engaging, social environment that safeguards the health and promotes the wellbeing of all diners, staff, and visitors
- Have knowledge of appropriate safe food handling and serving procedures and be able to successfully train and supervise volunteers in these procedures; willing to be trained and tested to become a certified food handler, if not already certified
- Ensure a safe, sanitary, and secure work environment is practiced at the Senior Dining Site; monitor kitchen procedures and sanitation practices to ensure established safety and sanitation regulations are followed. Able to supervise volunteers in these standards.
- Ensure that all site activities conform to Interfaith policies, procedures and standards
- Communicate effectively with Senior Center personnel, Senior Dining personnel, volunteers, diners, and community. Able to build positive relationships, professionally handle conflict, and troubleshoot any issues as they arise
- Responsible for daily reservations and daily participation data entry
- Responsible for managing financial contributions to include collecting donations, making bank deposits, and maintaining deposit records according to established procedures
- Demonstrate flexibility, good judgment, and professional confidentiality, in managing the personal information of diners, staff and volunteers.
- Participate in required dining program or Interfaith events and staff meetings; attend classes, in-services, quarterly Nutrition Council meetings and workshops as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Able to tolerate prolonged sitting or standing
- Adequate physical strength to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push up to 30 pounds
- Capable of stooping, bending and reaching
- May occasionally walk on slippery surfaces
- Able to manipulate small hand utensils
- Able to adapt to site’s unique culture and environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience with older adults or volunteers preferred
- Previous supervisory or food service management experience highly desirable
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- Basic math and reading skills, including ability to convert pounds to ounces and do basic multiplication and division
- Must have excellent hygiene habits
- An interest in and commitment to helping older adults maintain their independence in the community and reduce their isolation
- Openness to working with persons of diverse cultures, ages and abilities
- Availability of an auto, a valid driver’s license and minimum required insurance is required
- Ability to work with persons of diverse cultures, ages, and abilities
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Senior Dining Site Supervisor
Hours: 4.0 hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Salary: $9.75 per hour
Wilson Senior Center
2601 W. Howard Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53221
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus paid holidays and sick leave (benefits are pro-rated)
- Eligible to contribute to the 403(b) Retirement Plan on first day of employment
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Open and fill out the application.
- When finished, print and sign your application.
- Mail your application (with resume and cover letter for exempt positions) to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.