Reports To: Program Support Manager
Opening Type: Fixed Deadline
Deadline to Apply: 04/14/2017
Provide supervision, instruction to ensure safety in Woodshop
- Support the Mission, Vision and Values and Strategic goals of Interfaith Older Adult Programs
- Orients senior center participants to basic woodshop equipment
- Provides guidance to complete simple projects
- Identifies problems with the equipment
- Schedules woodshop volunteers
- Keep a file of woodshop participants orientation checklists
- Submit request for supplies/equipment and repairs to Center Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Support Manager
- Demonstrated expertise/knowledge of Woodshop machinery
- Must have a commitment to customer service to include a demonstrated ability to instruct
- Must have good oral communication skills
- Must have ability to work flexible hours during center’s operational hours
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Openness to working with persons of diverse cultures, ages and abilities
Interfaith Older Adult Programs’ mission is to provide services and opportunities to support and enhance a sense of well-being for older adults in Greater Milwaukee, to strengthen communities that provide neighborhood-based services and opportunities to support independence and diminish social isolation, and to engage and inspire older adults to serve in impactful opportunities to enhance a sense of purpose and meaning.
Facts About This Job:
Position: Woodshop Coordinator
Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Wilson Senior Center
2601 W. Howard Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53321
Washington Park Senior Center
4420 W. Vliet Street
Milwaukee, WI 53208
- 4 weeks of vacation plus paid holidays and sick leave (benefits are pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Eligible to contribute to 403 (b) Retirement Plan
How to Apply:
- Download the application.
- Open and fill out the application.
- When finished, print and sign your application.
- Mail your application (with resume and cover letter for exempt positions) to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Human Resources Department
600 W. Virginia St. – 3rd Floor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53204
Interfaith Older Adult Programs is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities are encouraged to apply.