Become a Volunteer
Take Part in a Truly Rewarding Experience
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Interfaith volunteer. It’s a fun way to give back to your community and meet new people. Double check that you meet the following requirements before you apply:
- I am at least 14 years old (applicants 14-17 require parent/guardian permission to volunteer)
- I have the resources needed to be a volunteer if necessary (ex: a vehicle, driver’s license and car insurance to help with rides)
- I am dependable, respectful and willing to help
To apply, just follow these simple steps:
- Download and fill out an application.
- Email, fax or mail the completed form to:
Interfaith Older Adult Programs
Attn: Volunteer Services
600 W Virginia St, Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI 53204-1551
- Once your application and background check* are completed and accepted, we’ll contact you to create a volunteer schedule based on current opportunities and your interests.
You’ll then be ready to join a great team of over 2,200 volunteers that help Interfaith achieve its mission of Linking Older Adults with a Caring Community.
*For the safety of our clients, Interfaith requires criminal background checks be conducted on all volunteer applicants. Interfaith policy does not allow court-ordered community service volunteers.
Volunteer Opportunities for Groups
Interfaith has many different opportunities for large and small groups, including outdoor chores, painting, planning, shoveling, and much more. Invite your friends, co-workers, family, or neighbors to join you in making a difference for seniors in the community.
- Think ahead: with more people comes more time for planning. But it will be worth the wait to have a well-planned event.
- What would your group like to do? Are they physical and ready to be outside, or are they more sedentary and want to stay inside?
- What day and time works best? Most Interfaith opportunities are during weekdays.
- Interfaith has two seasonal days in May and November for group volunteers.